Ratings and reviews are meant to be helpful and trustworthy. Reviewing content on is a great way to share helpful feedback and assist other users in finding great content and services.
Guidelines for writing a good review
- Make your reviews useful and informative.
- Try to include both positives and negatives.
- Keep it readable; check grammar and spelling, and don't use excessive capitalisation and punctuation.
- Be nice to others.
Spam and fake reviews
Your reviews should reflect the experience that you've had with the content or service that you're reviewing.
- Don't post fake or inaccurate reviews.
- Don't post the same review multiple times.
- Don't post reviews for the same content from multiple accounts.
- Don't post reviews to mislead other users or manipulate the rating.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of others.
- Don't misrepresent your identity or your connection to the content that you're reviewing.
Keep reviews on-topic and relevant to the content, service or experience that you're reviewing.
- Don't post solicitations, political or social commentary or anything else that is irrelevant to the content, service or experience that you're reviewing.
We want reviews to be useful, and they aren't useful if they're promoting something other than the content or service that you're reviewing.
- Don't post promotional or commercial content for any products or services, including affiliate- or referral-based promotions.
- Don't post phone numbers, email addresses or links to other websites.
Conflict of interest
Reviews are most valuable when they're genuine and unbiased. They should be written by people who aren't motivated by financial gain.
- Don't offer or accept money, products or services in exchange for posting reviews.
- Don't review content, services or experiences if you own or work for the business that created it.
Reviews should be your own and reflect your personal opinions.
- Don't post reviews that infringe on the intellectual property rights of others, including copyright.
Personal and confidential information
Reviews are meant to share experiences, and you can express the way you feel about something without revealing sensitive personal information.
- Don't post personal or confidential information, such as a physical address or driving licence number.
Your reviews must comply with the law and any terms or legal agreements that you have agreed to.
- Don't post reviews that contain or link to illegal content.
Sexually explicit content
As a broad audience, and reviews should reflect that.
- Don't post reviews that contain, promote or solicit sexually explicit content.
- Don't post reviews that depict children in sexual situations or address them in a sexual manner.